Clean Old Fashioned Hate
Georgia Rushes By Georgia Tech 30-24
Georgia Tech has used the rush to pound opponents lately. Saturday night, the Georgia Bulldogs used the rush to upset the 7th-ranked Yellow Jackets 30-24 in Atlanta.
Georgia rushed for 339 yards, the most in the Mark Richt era. Washaun Ealey rushed for 183 yards and Caleb King rushed for 166 yards and two touchdowns. It was also the first time the Dawgs had two 100 yard rushers in the same game since 2004.
Joe Cox, who wasn’t asked to do much, completed 8 of 14 passes for 76 yards and a touchdown to Mike Moore.
The win was sweet for the Bulldogs, who avenged last season’s loss to Tech 45-42 in Athens. Georgia has now won 8 of the last 9 meetings in “Clean Old-Fashioned Hate.”
The Bulldogs now await their fate in the bowl selection process, but the win over the Yellow Jackets surely improved their stock. Georgia finishes the regular season 7-5 with wins over two of their main rivals, Auburn and Georgia Tech.
Saturday’s game may have been the last for defensive coordinator Willie Martinez, who will likely be replaced next season. Other changes may be in store for the Dawgs and their coaching staff who ,were a disappointment in 2009.
- Georgia Over Georgia Tech Victory T-Shirts – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-Georgia Tech Box Score – ESPN.com
- Georgia Runs Over No. 7 Georgia Tech, 30-24 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Dawgs Snuff Out Yellow Jackets – UGASports.com
- Ealey, King Have Career Nights ($) – UGASports.com
- Martinez Doesn’t Offer Much Insight ($) – UGASports.com