Stetson Bennett named a finalist for 2022 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award
UGA football senior quarterback Stetson Bennett has been named a finalist for the 2022 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Educational Foundation, Inc., has announced.
The Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award is an annual award given to the “…top senior or upperclassman quarterback set to graduate with their class.” Bennett is one of five finalists for this year’s award. Candidates are chosen based on player performance on-and-off the field.
Below is information on all five finalists:
- Stetson Bennett, IV, Georgia – Bennett has completed 223 of 329 passes for 2,895 yards (68% completion rate) throwing for 21 touchdowns with just 5 interceptions, and a QB rating of 84.9.
- Max Duggan, TCU – Duggan has completed 180 of 273 passes for 2,531 yards (66% completion rate) throwing for 29 touchdowns with just 2 interceptions, and a QB rating of 76.3.
- Hendon Hooker, Tennessee – Hooker has completed 204 of 287 passes for 2,888 yards (71% completion rate) throwing for 29 touchdowns with just 10 interceptions, and a QB rating of 90.2.
- Bo Nix, Oregon – Nix has completed 219 of 300 passes for 2,775 yards (73% completion rate) throwing for 38 touchdowns with just 5 interceptions, and a QB rating of 89.0.
- C J Stroud, Ohio State – Stroud has completed 186 of 277 passes for 2,750 yards (67% completion rate) throwing for 34 touchdowns with just 4 interceptions, and a QB rating of 90.9.
The winner of the 2022 Golden Arm Award will be presented with the trophy by The Johnny Unitas Educational Foundation President, John Unitas, Jr., at the Golden Arm Award banquet and celebration at the Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore, Md., on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022.
So far in 2022, Stetson Bennett has led the Bulldogs to a 10-0 record, including wins over Oregon and Tennessee. In addition to his passing numbers noted above, Bennett has also rushed 35 times for 144 yards and seven touchdowns.
The Georgia Bulldogs (10-0) are next scheduled to travel to face the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday, Nov. 19 at Kroger Field in Lexington, Ky. The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30pm ET.