Dawgs Exact Revenge on Gamecocks
Georgia avenged a January loss at South Carolina by beating the Gamecocks 66-61 in Athens on Saturday. The win improves the Dawgs’ record to 11-12 overall and 3-7 in the SEC.
Trey Thompkins again led Georgia with 21 points, 10 rebounds and 4 assists. He was 7-of-16 from the floor and 6-of-6 from the free-throw line. Travis Leslie had another great game for the Dawgs with 15 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Oh, and he had another monster dunk or two.
The biggest factor in the game may have been junior Jeremy Price who filled in for Albert Jackson. He scored 16 points and grabbed 7 rebounds in 33 minutes of play. Five of his points came in succession with under three minutes remaining that gave the Bulldogs the lead for good.
Georgia trailed 59-53 with 3:46 remaining in the game, but outscored South Carolina 13-2 over the final stretch to win the game.
On Wednesday, Georgia travels to face the no. 12 Tennessee Volunteers (18-6, 6-4 SEC). The Dawgs beat the no. 8 Volunteers 78-63 in January in Athens. The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- 2009-10 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-South Carolina Box Score – ESPN.com
- Georgia Posts Comeback Over South Carolina, 66-61 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Price Keys Bulldogs Past Gamecocks ($) – UGASports.com
- Georgia Topples South Carolina – Georgia Sports Blog