Georgia Bulldogs announce 2014-15 basketball schedule
ATHENS, Ga. – A total of 18 possible games against teams that participated in post-season tournaments highlights the 2014-15 Georgia basketball schedule, announced Friday by head coach Mark Fox.
Other notable aspects of Georgia’s 2015 slate include the following:
• A season-opening renewal of the Bulldogs’ annual rivalry with Georgia Tech. Their Nov. 14 date in Atlanta, in fact, is the earliest meeting ever the two schools.
• Participation in the NIT Season Tip-Off, which guarantees that the Bulldogs will face perennial power Gonzaga and another top-flight opponent in New York in late November.
• The return to Athens of traditional SEC foes Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee. In a rare quirk of scheduling, none of these three visited Athens last season, the first time it had happened since 1944.
• Regular-season series against SEC opponents Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Vanderbilt.
• Four non-conference games against teams which played in the NCAA Tournament last season.
• Additional opponents that played post-season games last season include Kentucky (NCAA), Florida (NCAA), Tennessee (NCAA), LSU (NIT), Arkansas (NIT), Missouri (NIT), St. John’s (NIT), Minnesota (NIT Champion), Stony Brook (CBI), Texas A&M (CBI), UTC (CollegeInsider) and Norfolk State (CollegeInsider).
“We’ve put together what I think is an extremely challenging non-conference schedule,” Fox said. “It’s the type of schedule that, towards the end of the season, will give us terrific numbers, in terms of strength. We’re also excited to have our traditional SEC teams back to Athens. It will be great for our fans and for our game-day experience.”
Georgia returns three starters from its 2014 team, which went 20-14 overall and reached the NIT second round. The Bulldogs went 12-6 in the SEC schedule, tying for second in the final standings, the program’s highest league finish in 24 years.
The 2014-15 schedule follows:
N6 vs. Georgia Southwestern (Exhibition, 7:00 p.m.)
N14 at Georgia Tech (ESPN3, 7:00 p.m.)
N18 vs. Stony Brook (NIT Season Tip-Off) (Time TBA)
N21 vs. Troy (Time TBA)
N23 vs. Florida Atlantic (Time TBA)
N26 vs. Gonzaga (NIT Season Tip-Off @NYC) (ESPN2, 9:30 p.m.)
N28 vs. Minnesota/St. John’s (NIT Season Tip-Off @NYC) (4:30 or 7:00 p.m.)
D2 at UT-Chattanooga (7:00 p.m.)
D7 vs. Colorado (Time TBA)
D21 vs. Seton Hall (ESPNU, 6:00 p.m.)
D27 vs. Mercer (Time TBA)
D31 at Kansas State (ESPNU, 4:00 p.m.)
J3 vs. Norfolk State (Time TBA)
J6 vs. Arkansas (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
J10 at LSU (ESPNU, 9:00 p.m.)
J14 at Vanderbilt (SECN, 9:00 p.m.)
J17 vs. Florida (CBS, 2:00 p.m.)
J20 vs. Ole Miss (SECN, 7:00 p.m.)
J24 at Miss. State (FSN, Time TBA)
J27 vs. Vanderbilt (SECN, 7:00 p.m.)
J31 at South Carolina (ESPNU, 4:00 p.m.)
F3 at Kentucky (ESPNU, 7:00 p.m.)
F7 vs. Tennessee (ESPN/2, 12:00 p.m.)
F11 at Texas A&M (SECN, 7:00 p.m.)
F14 vs. Auburn (FSN, Time TBA)
F17 vs. South Carolina (SECN, 7:00 p.m.)
F21 at Alabama (ESPN/2, Time TBA)
F25 at Ole Miss (SECN, 9:00 p.m.)
F28 vs. Missouri (ESPNU, 12:00 p.m.)
M3 vs. Kentucky (ESPN, 9:00 p.m.)
M7 at Auburn (SECN, Time TBA)
M11-15 at SEC Tournament (Nashville, Tenn.)
All Times Eastern
Additional TV Dates & Times To Be Announced