Gametime 2009: South Carolina at Georgia
The Georgia Bulldogs (0-1) open the SEC portion of their schedule at home on Saturday against the South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0). UGA hopes to rebound from their disappointing loss at Oklahoma State, now ranked 5th in the country.
South Carolina is coming off of a huge, albeit lackluster, 7-3 win at NC State. The game will be televised by ESPN2 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Inside the numbers
- The Bulldogs are 0-1 for the first time since the 1996 season.
- After a loss under Mark Richt, the Bulldogs are 18-4.
- Over their last 6 games, the Bulldogs are 3-3.
- In those last 6 games, Georgia has been outscored 181-145.
- Georgia holds a 45-14-2 overall series lead against South Carolina.
- Mark Richt is 3-2 against Steve Spurrier (0-1 vs. Florida; 3-1 vs. S. Carolina)
- The Gamecocks are 29-22 under Steve Spurrier.
- Georgia is 7-3 against South Carolina in the past 10 games, but 2 of those losses were in Athens.
- In the past 10 matchups, the Bulldogs have averaged 16.8 points per game while the Gamecocks have averaged 11.2 points per game.